About John Morley
My name is John C. Morley, I am a Serial Entrepreneur, Engineer, Marketing Specialist and Talk Show Host. I am also President of The Franklin Lakes Chamber of Commerce a full 501 (c) (3) Charity Organization. I enjoy interviewing thought leaders, innovators and those that want to provide value to my viewers each week. I own several company’s one which is an IT Company that is now just celebrated 30 years of being in business. https://jmor.com One of my other company’s is Neighborhood Publications a full print, production, marketing and in house graphic design center. We don’t just print on paper, plastics, tile, ceramics and many others.
You can find me online at LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook: JMORConnectio | Facebook: Neighborhood Publications
Why Did You Become an Entrepreneur, Speaker, Author, Etc. in the First Place?
When I was in college I knew I had a choice to work for someone and them dictate my life or become my own boss and build my own company. I knew that the second pat was not going to ever be easy but I was always dedicated and enjoy the rewards of being now a serial entrepreneur.
How Do You Deal With Fear?
FEAR: I was told a long time ago is just false, evidence, appearing real and many years ago I feared everything. Later as I got wiser I know understand that their is no reason to even use this word or think of it. Thus I am very grateful that I have the desire, passion and love for what I do each day. In my eyes I don’t believe I am really working, except for those few days with the accountant once in a while at the end of the year.
How Do You Deal With Rejection?
If that should happen I do a few things:
1) I remember all the good I do and the accomplishments I have.
2) Many times when someone rejects me, they are not personally but just an idea, concept or process and don’t take it personally. Thus I work with the person to find out what they don’t like about it and come up with a way to either meet in the middle or completely go back to the drawing board for a new idea.
3) Watch my language especially that I think and say to myself and understanding this was just one situation out of many I will be in during my lifetime.
4) If it is personal: I just say to myself, next, there are no reason to get uptight and concerned because a date doesn’t go as you had planned. The moral of all this is that rejection will happen in life its a fact and its not that it happens is a problem but how we choose to respond to it.
5) Go do something fun, walk, sing or another activity that makes me feel really good about myself.
What’s the Name of Your Company? What Exactly Does Your Company Do, How Do You Help People?
I own several:
The JMOR Connetion, Inc: https://jmor.com
A complete IT Sales, Service, Support, Consulting Company that no only performs the general IT expected support roles but also Data Recovery, Data Destruction and we are so fortunate to having the worlds largest two international banks that all other banks use as our client.
Neighborhood Publications: We are a full, advertising, marketing, digital and print production in house design center. We don’t just print on paper but many other surfaces such as ceramics, plastics, metals and more.
Name One of the Biggest Challenges You Have Faced and How Did You Overcome It?
The biggest challenge I ever had to face was when people were forcing me to make a decision. Often times in the past I did that but later realized it was not the best thing for me or my company’s. Thus whenever some trys to box me in a corner, I don’t put any urgency to having to act now. I use my calm and collected mind to resolve the issue after through research and evaluation.
What Piece of Advice Do You Wish Someone Had Given You at the Start of Your Career?
If you want to go in business for yourself you must understand that.
1) You will make sacrifices in the beginning, friendships, relationships, money, time
2) You have to be disciplined to set goals and keep yourself accountable to them.
3) Everyone in business is not your friend; understand that when you hear its just business, that’s what it is, don’t take things personally.
4) Take care of your clients or someone else will.
Who Are Your Biggest Influences and People You Admire and Why?
This is something that keeps changing as my goals and where I am today keeps moving higher as a constantly raise my bar. Some of them are certain thought leaders that resonate with what I do and may have a similar belief in that what we do in life is about bringing value. No matter what you do in life it has to come from your heart and when it does the money will follow.
Name a Person Who Helped You Along the Way?
Dr. Joe Dispenza.
What Do You See as Your Greatest Success in Life, So Far?
Taking a small podcast show on the internet several years ago to now launching a video version with over 12,000 viewers each week. I am so grateful to be able to interview amazing thought leaders, national book authors, innovators and business owners that can share value with me and my audience.
Firing the largest marketing company in NY and building my company to be that voice they never could be for my IT Company.
What Book Would You Recommend and Why?
A few think and Grow Rich: it teaches people the concept that if you give a man food each day he will eat for just that day but if you teach him then he will have food every night.
What’s a Personal Self-Talk, Mantra, Affirmation or Self-Belief That Contributes to Your Success?
There are so many!
1) Just do it
2) Don’t expect praise from everyone for what you do, you will never get it
3) Watch the words you say/think each day for they shape your mind and the new reality that is emerging.