Did you just adopt a new furry roommate? Give a four-legged friend to your child? Come home from a trip with an unexpected canine carry on? Whether your new dog is an unforeseen addition to your family or a calculated move, you need to prepare your bank account for lifelong commitment that comes with puppy love.
What do I need to budget for my Dog?
Every dog’s specific needs are unique based on factors such as size, breed, and age. However, every pet owner should plan for the necessities, such as:
- Startup Costs – $500 – After you have bought or adopted, your new dog there as several initial expenses you can expect. For example, Initial vet visits, medical procedures (shots/spay/neuter), leash and collar, crate, etc.
- Food & Treats – $350 – A healthy dog starts with a healthy diet. Don’t forget the treats! Your dog will thank you.
- Medical Expenses – $235 – Annual exams, shots, flea and tick prevention, heartworm medication, and so on.
- Pet Insurance – $225 – The most effective way to avoid financial stress for Fido is to plan for the unexpected. Pet insurance is crucial in the event you have to make any emergency trips to the vet.
Please keep in mind that the above figures, with the exception of the startup costs, are calculated as annual expenses. Additionally, these numbers may vary depending on the size of your new dog. Check out this financial breakdown by the ASPCA to see what to expect for your special pup.
Turmeric for Dogs
We all want to be the best possible puppy parents, right? Therefore, you should consider adding room in your budget for effective, preventative care. With the growing popularity of holistic wellness, there are a number of ways to boost your dog’s health homeopathically. Studies are rapidly surfacing about the virtually endless benefits of turmeric for dogs. Proven benefits of incorporating turmeric in your dog’s health plan include:
- Fighting and preventing cancer
- Aids in treating and prevent Alzheimer’s Disease
- Elevates mood
- Helps manage weight
- Eliminates parasites (fleas and ticks)
- Relieves joint pain
- Promotes heart health
…and the list goes on! Here is a comprehensive guide on everything you need to know about turmeric for dogs.
CBD Oil for Dogs
Another incredibly effective way to promote your dog’s general health is with CBD Oil. With positive research stacking up, CBD Oil is becoming more and more commonplace in dog’s, as well as humans, daily lives. CBD Oil is derived from the hemp plant and garners an impressive list of benefits, including:
- Anxiety relief
- Pain relief
- Treatment of epilepsy and canine seizures
- Preventing development and growth of tumors (literally preventing cancer!)
- Boosting immunity
- Promoting healthy skin and coat
The results are proven, CBD Oil for dogs is a brilliant way to promote overall well-being in your fur baby. With its ever-growing popularity, there are a number of ways to incorporate CBD CBD oil into your pet’s diet. Our favorite brand is Honest Paws because they have an impressive array of non-GMO, all-natural, soy-free, and lab-tested cbd products.
Financially Planning for a Dog – In Conclusion
Having a dog is one of life greatest joys, but you and your wallet need to be prepared for a life-long commitment. Worry not, every penny spent on your new best friend is more than worth it.