Birchmeier Backpack Sprayers are great backpack or knapsack style sprayers for pest control & weed control. They cost more than most other sprayers, but it you take care of them, they are well worth the investment.
1. Check the filters. Check & clean filters in handle and lid.
2. Clean it out. Periodically clean out tank with clean water. Run clean water through Birchmeier backpack to clear lines. (see photo below).
3. Watch the Pressure. Don’t overpressurize (over pump) your Birchmeier. You will damage it. Let the pressure off when done. Do NOT store the backpack sprayer under pressure. This will reduce the life of hoses, fittings, o-rings, etc.
4. Lubrication. Keep the Birchmeier well lubricated by giving the grease piston a half turn. Refill the grease reservoir when empty.
5. Preventative Maintenance. Clean and service your Birchmeier regularly to prevent serious failures and expensive repairs. When you have the sprayer apart for service, give individual parts a good cleaning.
Looking for advise on buying a new Pest or Weed Control power sprayer? Download our free Spray Equipment Strategy E-Kit.