With the new budget coming into action, car prices have gone soaring sky high. We are looking at every possible way to save a few bucks when it comes to automobile expenses. Fuel prices are in no way looking forward to be friendly towards our pockets now. So the only other feasible way left is to save a few bucks on our automobile insurance payments.
Figuring out the costs of auto insurance
If you are wondering about “how much does car insurance cost“, the best way to find the answers is through research. Automobile insurances depend on a lot of factors that we can control, but then again, they can vary exceedingly depending on the company we are approaching. For example, a premium company that is known to cover all damages starting from a fender bender to a head-on calamity will have a high rate as compared to a local, less advertised agency that maybe cannot pay you as much for your minor damage. So, while choosing the auto insurance premium, make sure you have the following points checked and updated:
- An annual rate check – this will hugely determine how much your car insurance costs. Get quotes from more than one company, and do not be shy to bargain. Make sure you get your priorities across to the companies. This will help you get the best rates and a lot of personalization opportunities on existing premiums and plans. There are quite a few insurance rate comparison tools that can be used to compare the rates that you have to pay for different coverage offered by different companies.
- Always pick a well-reputed insurer – this is one way to ensure that you get paid during the time of need. Going with a well-known name usually entails lesser hassles with claims and exacting. But the only downside may be a slightly higher insurance rate that you have to pay every month/year.
- Watch the repairs – do not forget to check from time to time if your insurer has paid for the minor repairs that you may have had to make after your car was keyed or after someone tailgated you.
- Choosing the right car – although most people do not like to believe it, the choice of the car may actually have a huge impact on the premium that you pay at the end of every month. If your car has a modified engine and body, you are likely to pay a higher premium to your insurance company. More importantly, environmentally friendly cars have higher chances of getting premium insurance plans for lesser premiums than high end models that are less environmentally optimized. So evidently a Prius owner pays a lesser premium than a Corolla owner.
- Ask for discounts – if you want to make money on your insurance deals, you need to be able to ask for discounts. Discounts are easily available for all drivers who are responsible, have a clean slate and have a clear driver’s training course record. Having anti-theft technology in your car also gets you a handsome discount in the annual rates, if you can bargain well.
Getting a new insurance plan is never the challenge. Finding the right plan that gives you optimum coverage and at the same time, saves enough for the weekly long drive is the challenge you need to undertake. With the above mentioned points, you will find it a lot easier to find an insurance plan that fits your purpose.